XTERRA Parry Sound, enter the WILD!
Earn Points Towards 14 XTERRA World Championships Spots in Race #2 of 2 of the XTERRA Ontario Points Series
Race #1 is XTERRA ‘Mine’ Over Matter June 17th 2017
Race #1 of the Provincial Championships Points Series
XTERRA Parry Sound - Come Race the WILD!
- 14 XTERRA World Championships Spots as part of the XTERRA Ontario Race Series
- Race and Stay in Cottage country
August 12, 2017
Location: Georgian Nordic Ski and Canoe Club / Nine Mile Lake Provincial Park
Address: 8 Nine Mile Lake Road McDougall Ontario P2A 2W8
Host Location Website: www.georgiannordic.com
Tel: (705) 346-1898
RACE # 2 OF 2 IN THE XTERRA ONTARIO POINTS SERIES
The registration fees below do not include the Triathlon Ontario race day fee. Current Triathlon Ontario members can apply their membership code to be exempt from this fee during the registration process.
XTERRA Parry Sound Registration - Race 2 of 2 in the XTERRA Ontario Points Series
|Race||Early Bird (Until March 1st 11:59pm)||March 1 (Midnight) – July 24 11:59pm EST||**July 25 - August 10 8:00pm EST**|
|Full Distance Triathlon (400 Cap)*||$95||$110||$125|
|Full Distance Triathlon - RELAY||$125||$145||$165|
|Duathlon (100 Cap)||$95||$110||$125|
|Short Distance Triathlon (300 Cap)||$75||$90||$105|
|Short Distance Triathlon – RELAY||$115||$135||$155|
|Trail Run 5km||$45||$55||$65|
|*Race #2 of 2 in the XTERRA Ontario Points Series for Age Group spots to the 2017 XTERRA World Championship in Maui Hawaii|
** Sorry, no event T-shirt guaranteed during this registration period.**
NOTE – Deferral Of Race Entry Insurance Option available for this race at registration – For $10, you can purchase the ability to defer your entry to the following year up to 48hrs prior to race start with no questions asked. See registration for more details.
The race headquarters is located at Georgian Nordic, 4 Nine Mile Lake Road, McDougall, ON. Click here for Google Maps Location. From Highway 400, take exit 231 and continue on Highway 124 for approximately 5km. Nine Mile Lake Road will be on your left. The Georgian Nordic parking area is immediately after you cross the trail tracks. Click here for Georgian Nordics website.
- Online registration will close Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 8:00pm
TRANSPORTATION, ACCOMMODATIONS AND LOGISTICS
Closest Airport: Pearson International Airport (YYZ) (approx. 2 hours drive from airport).
Accommodations: In Parry Sound – Coming soon but please check out their cottage rental and camping options!
Camping - The Nine Mile Lake Provincial Park is not a camping designated park. More camping options to be updated soon.
TRANSITION ZONE 1: This will be located directly at the swim start/exit. In this transition you will set up your swim to bike transition only. After completing your swim (or first run in the case of the Duathlon), you will transition from your swim and onto your Mountain Bike. Exiting transition 1 you will head up the main (and only) road towards the Georgian Nordic Ski and Bike Club and onto the XTERRA Parry Sound Bike trails.
TRANSITION ZONE 2: After you complete your Mountain Bike, you will enter into a second transition zone located directly at the Georgian Nordic Ski Club. In this location you will have pre-set up your bike to run transition. You will mount your bike onto the bike races, and chenge into your running kit and head out onto the run course trails of XTERRA Parry Sound.
FINISH LINE: This will be located next the Transition 2 at the Georgian Nordic Ski Club.
|Race||Swim||Mountain Bike||Trail Run||Maps|
|Full Off-Road Triathlon and Relay||1.5km – double lap||24-28km
New Course for 2015
Double loop of Trail Run Course
|Short Off-road Triathlon and Relay||500m – single lap||12-14km
Single loop of the bike course
Single loop of Trail Run Course
|1st Run||Mountain Bike||2nd Run||Maps|
Out and Back Course
New Course for 2015
Double loop of Trail Run Course
|Trail Run 5km||5km (Single loop)||Run Course|
- Price Increase Alert – March 1 2016 11:59pm EST
- Price Increase Alert – July 9, 2016 11:59pm EST
- On-line Registration Closes – July 21, 2015 8:00pm EST
July 22nd, 2016
- 4pm-6pm – Race kit pick up at the Georgian Nordic Ski Centre
July 23rd, 2016 (RACE DAY!)
- 7am – Registration and Race Kit Pick-up opens at the Georgian Nordic Ski Centre
- 9am – Start of the 5km Trail Run
- 10am – Start of the Short Course Triathlon
- 10:30am – Start of the Full Distance Triathlon
- 10:35am – Start of the Duathlon
Rules and Regulations
- Rules & Regulations
- OAT Top 10 Triathlon Rules
- OAT Off-Road Multi-sport Specific Additional Rules
- Triathlon Canada Competition Rules
- About XTERRA and the XTERRA World Championships
Race Entry Refund Policy
Refunds are for medical reasons only: 75% refunded 4 weeks prior to race, 50% refunded 2 weeks prior to race. Absolutely no refunds for any reason within 2 weeks of any race. No refunds if event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
Prizes and Awards
- Race category is based on your age as of December 31st, 2015
- Full Distance Triathlon will have awards on 10 year increments for both male and female. Example female 20-29, 30-39 etc.
- Short Distance Triathlon will have awards on 10 year increments for both male and female. Example female 20-29, 30-39 etc.
- The Duathlon and Trail Run will have awards for 39 and under, 40 and over for both male and female. Example male 39 and under, male 40 and over
- Relays will be awarded as top 3 overall
- Overall podium finisher (1st, 2nd, 3rd, male and female overall) will be awarded for the overall placing, but not for age group placing (but will earn full points for their age group toward the XTERRA Points Series). Therefore if the first overall female happens to be in the 30-39 age group. The next fastest female in that category will be awarded first finisher for the 30-39 female age category.
- Please know that our future plans are to grow our awards categories as our participant numbers grow.
- XTERRA World Championship Spots will be awarded to Full Distance racers who have earned the most points accumulated from both XTERRA ‘Mine Over Matter and XTERRA Parry Sound in their respective 10 year age categories.
- Ties in points standings will be decided by finishing placement in XTERRA Parry Sound. e.g. Bob and Joe finish the series both with 200 points, the XTERRA World spot will be awarded to who ever finished in a higher placing. Joe finished 23rd overall and Bob finished 42nd overall, Joe will be awarded the spot.
- Pro athletes are excluded from the points series as their qualification for XTERRA Worlds is a validation spot.
A note from Wil Smith, owner of XTERRA Parry Sound!
A note from James Kowalewski owner/race director of Element Racing and XTERRA Ontario
It’s truly remarkable what inspiration can do for someone. Just a few short years back a participant entered our ‘Mine’ Over Matter event to try out something new and different in the racing world. More known for being an adventure racer, Wil Smith entered the water only just having learned to swim a few months earlier. While I would like to tell you that this story has Wil up on the podium by race end, the swim didn’t go his way, but it didn’t matter, he was hooked.
For the next few years Wil had become somewhat addicted to XTERRA style racing and travels around the world following the world tour, including qualifying and racing at the XTERRA World Championships.
Wil has been telling me for quite some time now that his area in Parry Sound has some world class trails and would make an incredible venue for an XTERRA event. Over the course of summer 2014, I was easily convinced, and it is with absolute pleasure that we announce this race for the 2015 race season.
XTERRA Parry Sound will tie into a dream I have had ever since we started Element Racing. To create a series of events to allow participants a reason to dedicate training, and set goals.
Since XTERRA Thunder Bay is geographically separated from XTERRA Mine Over Matter and XTERRA Parry Sound, it will receive its own 6 direct entries into the XTERRA World Championships awarded to top 3 male and top 3 female podium finishers. Parry Sound and Mine Over Matter on the other hand will reward consistency and be awarding 14 World Age Group spots to Maui Hawaii via a points system and be the first two races to enter in the XTERRA Ontario Points Series.
14 XTERRA World Championship Spots, 7 for male and 7 for female, awarded in 10 year age groups (although you will be racing at the worlds in 5 year age groups) with the hope for equal opportunity and growing and supporting each age division evenly.
Race #1 – June 27th 2014 – Milton Ontario, XTERRA ‘Mine’ Over Matter – Full distance course only
Race #2 – July 25, 2014 – Parry Sound Ontario, XTERRA Parry Sound – Full distance course only
We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to seeing you all on the starting line!
Element Racing / XTERRA Ontario
- Those spots will be divided evenly with 7 going to female racers and 7 going to male racers in 10 year age groups although you will be racing at the worlds in 5 year age groups
- The Points system is based on 200 maximum points per race with 5 points being the difference between placing. Eg 1st female 20-29 200 points, 2nd 195, 3rd 190 etc until there are no more points to award.
- Participants are NOT required to race both events in order to be eligible for a Worlds Spot however the overall standings (and hence the World spots) are calculated based upon your cumulative score from both events.
- If a finisher does not wish to accept the entry, it will then be rolled down to the next finisher within that same age group
- XTERRA World Championship spots will roll down only as far as 15th place. After 15th place, any un-awarded spot will be returned to XTERRA
- Winners of Championship Spots will have no longer than 1 week to accept their entry before that spot is rolled down to the next fastest participant within the specified age group.
- For more information about the XTERRA World Championships, please visit their website by clicking here!
- Pro athletes are excluded from the 25 spots as their qualification for XTERRA Worlds is a validation spot.
How it works:
- When you register for Xterra ‘Mine’ Over Matter, XTERRA Parry Sound OR Xterra Sleeping Giant, you will have created an account with Race Roster.com
- On the left hand side of your Race Roster.com account dashboard will be a tab named ‘Promote This Event’
- This tab will create a unique registration code for the ‘Mine’ Over Matter event which is tied into your Race Roster.com account
- You can then send that code to individuals you think might be interested in racing. If they register via the link you sent them, you will earn 10% of the registration value.
- This option also allows you to use your facebook account to announce the race to your friends, once again utilizing your unique registration code (Race Roster.com takes care of the how).
- Race Roster.com will send you a cheque for every $25 earned on behalf of Element Racing
- There is no limit or cut off for how much you can earn.
- If using your facebook account for this function, it truly is a 1,2,3 step process.
Any questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
XTERRA Parry Sound was designed to take place in a wilderness type setting. Facilities at both transition sites are quite limited, but we will be bringing in port-o-lets for washrooms. There are no change rooms or showers on site, but we will have access to shelter in the Georgian Nordic Ski Clubhouse
RACE CATEGORIES AND WAVE STARTS
Categories and wave starts will be determined closer to the race date as they are determined by participant numbers. The greater the amount of participants, the more categories and waves.
Wave starts will be kept to no more than 150 athletes in the full distance, and no more than 75 athletes in the mini distance. Any changes to this policy will be made public via this website as well as our event e-newsletter. Click here to start receiving the e-newsletter